Tuesday, September 30, 2008

At the Gym

As I said in my previous post, the French gym that I have joined has workout and audio-visual equipment that is much more modern and fancy than anything at New York Sports.

Here are some of the things that New York Sports has that the French gym does not:

--Generous towel service (they hide them behind the counter, though you can get one if you ask)
--Hooks in the lockers to hang up your clothes (you are expected to bring your own hangers)
--Lips on the elliptical machines to hold a magazine or newspaper
--Curtains or doors on the shower stalls
--Adjustable-temperature water in the shower stalls
--Soap and shampoo in the shower stalls
--Water fountains in the gym (bottled water is for sale at the desk)

That last omission strikes me as a bit unhealthy.

I've decided that I'm just going to go back home after the gym and shower, then head out to work. I tried that this morning and the timing worked out relatively well, though starting in about a month when summer time ends, it may be more difficult as our daily conference call with Hong Kong will move to 9:30 instead of 10:30.

Plus, going home will allow me to shave, and dress and primp better, in other words to be more French.

And that's what it's all about, non?

No comments: